At Triple Play, we welcome the opportunity to teach other mental health professionals about the power of nature based work.
FOR MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
We offer a three hour workshop entitled, "Introduction to Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy" that has been available through Charlotte AHEC (Area Health Education Center) for CEUs in the past.
Case managers, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, licensed professional counselors, educators, school personnel, mental health professionals, clinicians, nurses, health and human service practitioners, and other health care professionals
Equine facilitated therapies are experiential modalities that incorporate horses in the process of improving human health and enhancing emotional growth and learning. Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (EFP) focuses specifically on mental health problems while Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL) is more generally applied to a wide range of life challenges such as dealing effectively with grief and loss. EFP/EFL are collaborative efforts involving a licensed therapist, a horse professional, and horses working with clients to address treatment and/or personal goals. Participants learn about themselves and others by engaging in activities with horses and processing thoughts, beliefs, and behavior patterns.
- Kris Batchelor, BA, TRI, ES
- Doreen Hughes, MD
- How to decipher the "alphabet soup" acronyms of equine therapies;
- Examples of current certifications and methodologies in the field;
- Why horses are particularly well suited to working with mental health clients;
- Which clients are most appropriate for referrals for equine facilitated therapy, as well as contraindicated populations;
- What an actual equine facilitated psychotherapy sessions might look like with a hands on workshop experience;
- Resources to continue the education by becoming a practitioner of EFP if desired and how to best incorporate this modality into an existing practice.
For more information about this curriculum and/or to schedule a private class, contact us.