As an Equine Specialist
Join us... As an Equine Specialist
The farm is often seeking qualified equine professionals to join our team as independent contractors. Amenities include the ability to see clients in a beautiful, private outdoor setting convenient to Lake Norman and Charlotte in a dynamic and growing industry.
The Equine Specialist (ES) is responsible for the physical welfare of clients, activity planning and co-facilitation in session. The ES works directly alongside the Mental Health Professional to plan, execute and debrief sessions in a way that supports the client’s therapeutic goals. The ES must be a skilled horseman and facilitator with the maturity and professionalism required in a behavioral health setting.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- In-depth understanding of mental health disability.
- Demonstration of natural horsemanship/handling skills commensurate with at least a Parelli Level One.
- Certfication as an Equine Specialist by either PATH Intl. (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship and/or EAGALA (Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association) within twelve (12) months of beginning the position.
- Certification as a Therapeutic Riding Instructor considered a plus.
- Passionate about the efficacy of animal assisted therapies.
- Motivated to develop new programming.
- Able to perform basic farm maintenance duties including mucking, feeding, grooming, animal care including non-equines.
- Able to work closely to co-facilitate treatment with a licensed Mental Health Professional.
- Interested in continuing education in this swiftly evolving field.
If you are interested in learning more, please submit a current CV and at least two references to:
Triple Play Farm
19516 Kistler Farm Road
Davidson, North Carolina 28036.
We will contact you after receiving your submission to let you know the status of our current staffing needs.
Thank you for your interest in the farm.