As a therapist/educator
Join us... As a Therapist/Educator
The farm is often seeking qualified mental health professionals to join our team as independent contractors. Amenities include the ability to see clients in a beautiful, private outdoor setting convenient to Lake Norman and Charlotte but still enjoy the convenience of our conference/office space with kitchenette and full bath.
The Mental Health Professional (MH) is responsible for intake, treatment planning, documentation of clients, billing and ensuring ethical practice. The MH builds on the Equine Specialist’s horse observations, bringing in the metaphoric and therapeutic/learning relevance of the session.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- College-level educational training and graduate degree in a field that includes mental health as its scope of practice. Examples would include MSW, Master’s/Doctorate in Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, MD in Psychiatry, etc.
- Fully licensed to practice in North Carolina.
- Under a governing board/body or member of an association that can hold him/her accountable (or under professional supervision by a supervisor that is held accountable by a governing board/association), i.e. a board that can revoke registration, certification, accreditation, or licensure for ethical or scope of practice violations relating to mental health practice.
- Interested in and/or experience with experiential therapeutic modalities.
- Passionate about the efficacy of animal assisted therapies.
- Motivated to develop new programming.
- Interested in complementing an existing practice with part-time work at the farm.
- Willing to complete additional training in equine facilitated methods within twelve (12) months.
- Able to work closely to co-facilitate treatment with a certified Equine Specialist.
If you are interested in learning more, please submit a current CV and at least two references to:
Triple Play Farm
19516 Kistler Farm Road
Davidson, North Carolina 28036.
We will contact you after receiving your submission to let you know the status of our current staffing needs.
Thank you for your interest in the farm.